Emblem 156

Information and materials



Sometimes external events determine the shape and course of a project. In this instance I had written a bespoke text, musings on page 169, with a view to printing it out to stick in the box, job done. However my home printer was busted, so I was forced to use a local copy shop ‘second office’. Having sent them the writing as an attachment, they printed out some colour copies, but for reasons best known to them, beefed up the lower case into bold capitals, meaning that the text layout was now too long for the panel. Rather than waste this though, I got them to superimpose it onto a sheet of scrap I had with me, a blog post about generative systems. This palimpsest was then cropped and manipulated. The work was finished off with a faded medal ribbon from Wimbledon car boot sale. An emblem of my own!